News: California Adopts New COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave
California Governor Gavin Newsom signed SB 95 legislation reestablishing statewide supplemental paid sick leave for reasons related to COVID-19 and expanding the covered reasons that qualify an employee for the leave, which takes effect on March 29, 2021. Under SB 95, employers of more than 25 employees will be required to provide supplemental paid sick leave to employees.
Employee Entitled Qualifying by below reasons:
- Subject to a COVID-19 quarantine or isolation period as defined by an order or guidelines of the State Department of Public Health
- Advised by a healthcare provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19
- appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine Experiencing symptoms related to a COVID-19 vaccine
- caring for a family member who is subject to a COVID-19-related quarantine
- caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed