247compliance.Us is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Make sure you are up to date on important payroll compliance issues. The webinar will discuss 2019 limits, the effects of the current legal case against the FLSA overtime changes; a look at unemployment issues for 2019. We’ll also look at FUTA credit reduction States for 2019.
- The 2019 limits for deferred compensation, as well as other IRS limits, will be presented
- A discussion of what regulations will be deferred and what will go forward
- The proposed overtime regulation changes (still in abeyance) will be discussed
- Changes to Form 941 for the year 2018
- Updates to the Form W-2 for 2018
- FUTA updates for 2019, including the final 2018 credit reduction states
- State and local tax updates, as well as state unemployment updates for 2019
Attendees will receive up-to-date information on tax issues, annual IRS limits, an update on the FLSA Overtime regulations, information return penalties and other year-end and current topics of use to payroll teams. If you’re unsure about deadlines, limits, and current pretax regulations, this webinar will help you. With the rapidly changing rules affecting the IRS, as well as other governmental agencies, it’s important for payroll professionals to keep up with the latest news.
- Payroll professionals
- Human Resources teams – especially those with payroll responsibilities
- Any other teams who must handle closing out payroll for the calendar year and preparing Year-End Forms
Merle Capello is an experienced Payroll Professional who can manage, train and elevate team members, enhancing their skills so that they can be leveraged to benefit clients. Merle is a professional who works to improve processes, by additional knowledge and conforming to rules of compliance. She is also an experienced procedure and policy developer who works to leave a better team behind than the one she finds. Merle is a subject matter expert on compliance, payroll taxes, work rules and payroll best practices. Merle, offers consulting services for those who need a professional's advice and counsel. In her more than 25 years of experience spearheading the development, enhancement, and transfer of payroll and HRIS operations, Merle has learned to provide team members with the guidance and motivation to exceed objectives. Merle enjoys the challenge of implementation and organizational change, using her analytical skills and her knowledge base to make the most prudent decisions for the team and for her clients. Merle easily adapted to either running a department or advising a client on how best to run their department. She can write step-by-step directions for processes, if needed, or coach a team member to do so. Merle is also a longtime member of her professional organization, the American Payroll Association. She held Advanced Payroll Certification for over 25 years.
View all trainings by this speaker