We operate in a paperless environment. Internal controls are more critical in a paperless environment. We must rely on technology. It all starts with accounts payable since it is at the core of all other company processes, systems & functions. Hence accounts payable must drive all internal control elements of awareness and concern COVID-19 has created situations that will remain in a revamped environment. We must take the lessons learned during COVID-19 to re-imagine processes & controls in a post COVID-19 environment.
- Learn the value of internal controls for accounts payable in a paperless environment
- Learn how to protect company assets, ensure adherence to company goals & objectives through internal controls in accounts payable
- Learn the foundation-principles, best practices, interactions & organizational awareness of accounts payable internal controls
- Learn the difficulty of establishing internal controls in a paperless environment & how technology can reduce the risks & difficulty
- COVID-19 Concerns & Challenges to cope with
Webinar Segments Internal Control Best Practices:
- Defined approval authority
- Separation of duties
- Rotating process responsibilities
- Maximize technical tools
- In-process approval & verification
- Control of assets & assigned responsibility
- Data management & file retention
- Independent verifications
- All in a technology based paperless platform
- COVID-19 concerns & challenges
This Webinar looks at best practices in accounts payable to include:
- Institutional framework
- Foundation & Core Principles
- Best Procession Practices
- Interactions & Interfaces
- Technology as an Enables
- Organizational & Functional Awareness
- COVID-19 Concerns & Challenges
- Accounts Payables
- Supervisory Personnel
- Financial stakeholders responsible for Accounts Payable
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and
Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology based company. He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of major consulting firm.
Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques that are simple to understand and apply.
View all trainings by this speaker